Once upon a time.
It’s a simple phrase, one we all recognize as the beginning of a story. But here’s the thing: no two stories are the same. So why limit yours to a formula?
Enter me, your resident word nerd. I’ve always been a sucker for a good story, but over time I’ve developed a certain appreciation for what makes each one truly unique.
Here’s why you should trust me with your words:
- MFA in Popular Fiction Writing & Publishing from Emerson College (May 2019)
- BA in Mass Communication from the University of North Carolina at Asheville (May 2015)
- Certified daydreamer
- Editorial internships with Regal House Publishing, The Strand and WNC magazines
- Contract work with Parliament House Press and Writer’s Digest
- Digital content management, marketing, and freelance writing and editing experience
- Sworn devotee of grammar and syntax, as long as it doesn’t get in the way of an authentic story
But most of all, you can take me at my word because I’m a writer and a reader who thinks that every tale deserves its due. My favorites to read (and write) are fictional: mainly suspense, fantasy, historical, and modern spins. That being said, I can’t resist a winding plot or a complicated character. So whatever you’ve got – resumes, query letters, short stories, full-length manuscripts, even a storytelling issue that keeps you awake at night – let’s talk about how we can fine-tune the creative process, down to the last word.